본문 바로가기
자유게시판

대통령의 리더십

페이지 정보

작성자 곽중철 이름으로 검색 작성일-1-11-30 00:00 조회901회 댓글1건

본문

2017-01-10

오늘 오전 11시, 오바마가 고향인 시카고에서 한 마지막 고별연설을 실시간으로 시청했습니다. 미국은 멋진 민주국가였습니다. 말미에 자신의 가족과 바이든 부통령을 언급하는 장면이 가장 인상깊어 나도 눈시울을 붉혔습니다.

Maybe you still can’t believe we pulled this whole thing off.

Let me tell you, you’re not the only ones.

Michelle...

Michelle LaVaughn Robinson of the South Side...

... for the past 25 years you have not only been my wife and mother of my children, you have been my best friend.

You took on a role you didn’t ask for. And you made it your own with grace and with grit and with style, and good humor.

You made the White House a place that belongs to everybody.

And a new generation sets its sights higher/because it has you as a role model.

You have made me proud, and you have made the country proud.

Malia and Sasha...

... under the strangest of circumstances you have become two amazing young women.

You are smart and you are beautiful. But more importantly, you are kind and you are thoughtful and you are full of passion.

And...

... you wore the burden of years in the spotlight so easily. Of all that I have done in my life, I am most proud to be your dad.

To Joe Biden...

... the scrappy kid from Scranton...

... who became Delaware’s favorite son. You were the first decision I made as a nominee, and it was the best.

Not just because you have been a great vice president, but because in the bargain I gained a brother. And we love you and Jill like family. And your friendship has been one of the great joys of our lives.

아카데미 시상식에서 수상자들이 하는 소감보다 더 감동적이지요. 대통령의 말씀이니까...

2011 51, 미국은 오사마 빈라덴 사살 작전인넵튠의 창을 시행합니다. 미 중앙정보국(CIA)이 주도하고, 미 해군의 대테러 특수부대인 네이비실이 수행한 이 작전은 대원들의 헬멧에 달린 카메라를 통해 직접 백악관으로 생중계됐습니다. 오사마 빈라덴의 암호명은제로니모였습니다.

넵튠의 창 작전 며칠 뒤, 당시 백악관 상황실의 모습을 찍은 사진이 공개되면서 사람들의 이목을 끌었습니다. 버락 오바마 대통령이 백악관 상황실의 가운데 자리가 아니라 구석에 놓인 접이식 의자에 앉아 심각한 표정으로 작전 화면을 바라보고 있었습니다. 가장 가운데에 놓인대통령용의자에는 마셜 웹 합동특수전사령부 부사령관이 앉아 지시를 내리고 있었습니다. 이 사진은 실무자에게 가장 중요한 권한을 부여하는 오바마 대통령의 리더십을 단적으로 보여준다는 평가를 받았습니다.

대통령이 가운데 자리가 아니라 구석에 놓인 접이식 의자에 앉아 상황을 귀동냥하는 모습... 이것이 민주정부요, 민주국가입니다. 대통령의 권위에 맹종하는 '의전'만 중시하다가 망해버린 최근의 국내상황을 보면서 우리는 언제 오바마같은 대통령을 가질 수 있을까 한숨이 깊어지는 오늘이었습니다. (끝)

댓글목록